As many gamers are well aware of, Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Unity was just shy of total catastrophe at launch. The game was subject to fierce criticism regarding its extremely buggy state and wildly unstable framerates, among many other issues. It even forced Ubisoft to change their review policy and how the company interacts with games press.
Fortunately, the development team over at Ubisoft has been hard at work on a patch, trying to make amends for their earlier transgressions. According to a post on Ubisoft’s Live Updates blog, the next patch (which is the 4th since Assassin’s Creed Unity‘s launch) is aiming to fix most of the game’s remaining issues.
Ubisoft states that Assassin’s Creed Unity‘s Patch 4 should be released fairly soon, however the publisher has not disclosed an official launch date at this time.
Read more details on what the upcoming ACU patch will bring to the table below:
Assassin’s Creed Unity Patch 4 To Fix Many Problems
As previously mentioned, Assassin’s Creed Unity‘s upcoming “Patch 4” should fix most of the title’s problems, namely improvements to its comprehensive framerate, alongside fixes for game crashes and companion app issues.
While Ubisoft says that most of Assassin’s Creed Unity‘s problems should be fixed by this upcoming patch, players that continue to experience glitches, crashes, or bugs (or encounter ones) should contact customer support.
The following list comes from Ubisoft’s Live Updates page and outlines the issues that are expected to be fixed by Assassins Creed Unity‘s upcoming patch:
Top Unity Priority Issues:
- Game crashes after loading your save: We’re devoting a lot of attention to this one and we have a workaround (try taking your system offline and reload your save, you should be able to play offline). Most instances of this crash will be eliminated in Patch 4, but if you do still encounter this issue after the Patch is applied please file a Customer Support ticket to help us identify what your issue is so we can create a fix for it.
- Error CE-34878-0: Similar to the crash mentioned above, the game freezes or crashes after loading your save. This particular error message is exclusive to PS4. This issue should be resolved in Patch 4.
- Initiates legacy recognition issues: Many of these issues have been resolved, but we’ve noted that it could still take several days for all of your progress from past games to be fully updated. If after five days you still don’t see your progress accurately reflected on the site, please file a ticket with Customer Support so we can more closely examine this issue.
- Companion App issues: We’ve just released a new patch for the Companion App, so be sure to update to release 1.04 if you have not already. This patch addresses the following issues:
- Restoration of lost Premiums
- Fixed synchronization issues for first-time users and at login
- Fixed the “no assassin” issue in the tutorial
- Fixed missions with 100% odds of success that could fail
- Fixed an issue with lost progress–simply resync with the HD game and load your save, this will synchronize your online progression data.
What are your thoughts on this upcoming patch for Assassin’s Creed Unity? Do you think it will fix most of the game’s problems? Why or why not?
Let us know in the comments section below! As always, stay tuned to GamerHeadlines.com for the latest in video game and technology news.