Developer 343 Industries has announced that a new update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection is “undergoing further testing” ahead of its release later this week.
The latest patch will address a number of re-occurring issues in The Master Chief Collection, including an improvement to the matchmaking system, reducing the volume of the music in the multiplayer menus and tracking statistics in the main campaigns.
According to a blog post on Halo Waypoint, 343 Industries is still working on introducing fan-favourite playlists like Team Snipers and Team Doubles to The Master Chief Collection in a future update.
The persistent problems that The Master Chief Collection has had even resulted in Bonnie Ross, the head of 343 Industries, apologising to fans on behalf of the development team.
Listed below are full details on the upcoming patch for The Master Chief Collection:
- Improved matchmaking search success rates.
- Made an update to reduce instances of “Awaiting Privileges” matchmaking errors.
- Made an update to ensure player counts more reliably match the expected numbers for each playlist.
- Fixed an issue where player would sometimes appear to be searching in an incorrect “FIND GAME” screen.
- Added countdown sound effect to the voting timer.
- Made several improvements to party joining through the in-game Roster.
- Made an update to ensure that the mute icon is visible while in Matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue in Halo 4 where players could equip the same weapon as their primary and secondary weapons.
- Made several improvements to stat tracking for Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
- Made changes to Halo 3 and Halo 4 scoring to ensure that players are not penalized for destroying empty vehicles.
- Lowered the music volume level in multiplayer menus.
- Fixed an issue where friend emblems in roster would show up as default when exiting a game session.
- Made updates to UI and menus to improve multiplayer status messaging, such as when a player joins your lobby.
- Made an update to the Halo 2: Anniversary “Legacy” Stick Layout.
- Made stability improvements across multiple titles for campaign and multiplayer.
To find out more on The Master Chief Collection—which is comprised of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4—have a read of Gamer Headlines’ review.